Contractors are a critical part of our operations, and we extend the same commitment to safety for these workers at our facilities as we do for our direct employees.
Our EHS program includes a robust Contractor Safety Program that helped us record zero contactor fatalities in our facilities in 2022. We manage any contractor incidents through Zurn Elkay’s incident investigation program to determine root causes and corrective actions.
Our Contractor Safety Program includes steps to ensure safety at every stage of the relationship between our company and our contractors.
- We conduct contractor screenings for safety performance and risks
- All new contractors must review and provide written agreement to our EHS standards
- We offer training on EHS operational guidelines for all new contractors
- Each contractor receives orientation on our EHS expectations from a Zurn Elkay host
- We conduct regular reviews of the contractor safety program managed through our EHS compliance calendar
- We use internal EHS audits to measure conformance with the contractor safety program