Our associates are responsible for some of our best and most innovative thinking.
We’ve tapped this talented group to advance our sustainability goals through the WAVES Social Impact Fund.
Launched in 2022, the WAVES Social Impact Fund provides financial backing for innovative associate ideas that help our company advance our ESG efforts. All associates are welcome to submit ideas throughout the year, and each quarter our ESG committee selects the top submissions to receive funding from Zurn Elkay to put the idea into action.
We approved nine WAVES submissions in 2022, providing funding for innovative projects such as:
- Partnering with three additional organizations to help us achieve more diversity in our supply chain:
- Installing World Dryer hand dryers at every Zurn Elkay facility to reduce waste by eliminating paper towels
- Replacing water-intensive landscaping at our Paso Robles, Calif., facility with native, sustainable plantings to eliminate irrigation needs in an area that’s at high risk for drought
- Reducing the carbon footprint from Zurn Elkay’s business travel by purchasing carbon offsets and contributing to a nonprofit organization that distributes water filters to low-income communities around the world to ensure access to clean, safe water
- Eliminating company-supplied single-use water bottles and cups by installing Elkay water bottle fillers at all legacy Zurn locations
- Developing a new recycling program for scrap PEX plastic that will prevent 1.5 million pounds of waste from our manufacturing facilities from entering landfills annually
- Adding “Purpose” to the Zurn Elkay Business System